Castaway Technologies maintains the highest compliance and protection standards for our customers.
Clients find comfort in our knowledge and understanding of the laws and regulations involved in the IT Asset Disposition process. The CastTRAC program supports impeccable attention to detail and expertise in an ever-changing environment.
Through strategic value recovery, proven data sanitization processes, data destruction procedures and environmentally-friendly practices that ensure e-waste is properly handled, Castaway is your expert source for compliant ITAD solutions.
Compliance benefits include:
- Adherence to industry laws and regulations
- Environmentally-friendly processes
- Detailed regulatory reporting
- Data sanitization
- Data destruction
- Value recovery
- Detail-oriented process
We work side-by-side with your company to develop R2:2013 or e-Stewards compliant solutions that adhere to industry laws and regulations. CastTRAC offers a 100% guarantee in the successful destruction or repurposing of data-bearing assets at the end of the IT lifecycle, as well as detailed regulatory reporting for client satisfaction.
NAID® AAA Certified Member
Having earned the NAID® AAA Certification, our industry’s highest quality assurance credentials, Castaway is thoroughly committed to providing secured data destruction services to all of our customers. Watch the video to learn how important this could be to the security of your business – and your “peace of mind.”
Castaway is knowledgeable and current on all of the ITAD laws and regulations pertaining to your state and industry. For more information on compliance standards, you can review the laws and regulations below or contact a Castaway ITAD specialist to learn more.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB)
- MA 201 CMR 17
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
- EU GDPR 2018 Reform
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Disposal Rule
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA): Disposal Rule
- Federal Trade Commission 2018 Privacy and Data Security Update
E-Waste Laws by State with Year Established
- 2000: Massachusetts
- 2003: California
- 2004: Maine
- 2005: Maryland
- 2006: Washington
- 2007: New Hampshire, Connecticut, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, North Carolina
- 2008: New Jersey, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, Missouri, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Illinois, Michigan
- 2009: Indiana, Wisconsin
- 2010: Vermont, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania
- 2011: Utah
Data Destruction and Data Sanitization Laws by State
If your state isn’t listed, click here (courtesy of White Canyon Software).